-   -   How do I change the default font size on the comments balloons? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/74225-how-do-i-change-default-font-size-comments-balloons.html)

Chris

How do I change the default font size on the comments balloons?

How do I change the annoyingly small default font size on the comments.
Tahoma 8 is way too small?

Max

How do I change the default font size on the comments balloons?

To change the default font *size*,
we could try this (It's a windows setting)

Right-click on any empty space in the desktop choose Properties

Select Appearance tab Advanced button
(in Win XP)

In the Advanced Appearance dialog:
Click on "Item" dropdown menu choose Tooltip
Choose a (larger) font size OK Apply

To change font *type* and formatting (eg: bold),
try Debra's page at:
http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlcomments03.html
(Scroll down & look for the section: "Insert a Formatted Comment")
--
Max
Singapore