-   -   how do I "freeze" the left hand title column (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/73931-how-do-i-freeze-left-hand-title-column.html)

DDAANN

how do I "freeze" the left hand title column

I want the three left hand columns of my excel worksheet to remain fixed
while I scroll across the remaining 22 columns. How can I do this?

Dave Peterson

how do I "freeze" the left hand title column

Select column D and window|freeze Panes.

You could even select D5 and have A:C frozen as well as rows 1:4.

Everything to the left of the selected cell and above that selected cell will be
frozen.

--

Dave Peterson

dmexcel

how do I "freeze" the left hand title column

in the bottom right corner by the scroll arrow you can grab the end of
the scroll box and drag it accross to the column the you need to see
all the time, you can also do this with the top right corner for the
headings

Dave Peterson

how do I "freeze" the left hand title column

This actually splits the window. It's slightly different than freezing the
panes--each pane can be scrolled independently.

But it may be just what the OP wants.

dmexcel wrote:

in the bottom right corner by the scroll arrow you can grab the end of
the scroll box and drag it accross to the column the you need to see
all the time, you can also do this with the top right corner for the
headings

--

Dave Peterson

dmexcel

how do I "freeze" the left hand title column

Right,
Not a lot people now about this