-   -   Preserving customization (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/70313-preserving-customization.html)

donbowyer

Preserving customization

My OS is Win XP Home and I use MS Office 2002.
Specifically I use Excel and have generated custom toolbars and several
macros.
I am faced with the likelihood of having to make a clean "original"
installation of MS Office and clearly don't want to lose my customization.
I know that for Word, If I save Normal.dot and reinstate it with the new
installation it gives back 99% of my customization.
Which file(s) do I need to save to achieve the same result for Excel
always assuming this is possible.
On a final point, if I were to upgrade to a later Office version, rather
than reinstate my existing version, would the new one be backwards compatible
to my old version customization.
Sorry this is a big ask, but any guidance would be welcome.

--
donwb

Gary''s Student

Preserving customization

you should preserve personal.xls and your .xlb file
--
Gary's Student