-   -   cannot get color in cells and words (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/69080-cannot-get-color-cells-words.html)

jbsl

cannot get color in cells and words

I click on a cell and want to fill the cell with a color so I click on the
little paint bucket on the top right but it does not fill the cell with the
color.

Also if I type words and want to change the color of the words it does not
work after I highlighted the words and click on the A icon.

Any ideas? At work I have no problem doing this.

David McRitchie

cannot get color in cells and words

Colors are only missing on monitor, due to High Contrast Accessibility option.
Changes to the fill color and the fill pattern are not displayed in Office programs
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531

Help with other color problems
Color Palette and the 56 Excel ColorIndex Colors
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...s.htm#problems

---
HTH,