-   -   how do i get word 2003 to open documents in a seperate windows? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/66075-how-do-i-get-word-2003-open-documents-seperate-windows.html)

Sean

how do i get word 2003 to open documents in a seperate windows?

how do i get word 2003 to open documents in a seperate windows?

I've upgraded a desktop from 2000 to 2003, but all office apps refuse to
open new/other documents into seperate windows (so no alt-tab happiness for
me).

Any help would be g8!

Thnx

Sean

Dave Peterson

how do i get word 2003 to open documents in a seperate windows?

Do you mean excel?

If you want different windows/workbooks to appear on the taskbar, you can use:
tools|options|view|windows in taskbar.

--

Dave Peterson

[email protected]

how do i get word 2003 to open documents in a seperate windows?

Hi.

Something in WinXP SP2 must have done something to make this not work
anymore as I used to happily use this, but even with the abovementioned
checked, now it no longer allows me to alt-tab between the different
files.

Does anyone else have this problem with SP2?

Dave Peterson

how do i get word 2003 to open documents in a seperate windows?

Tools|Options|View Tab
check "windows in taskbar"

Both excel and MSWord share this option, but they do behave differently.