-   -   password for excel document (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/66036-password-excel-document.html)

Melody

password for excel document

i put a password on an excel document this afternoon. but right now, i
couldn't open it again. i am pretty sure that i have benn using the same
password. Can anyone tell me what's the problem?

Dave Peterson

password for excel document

Check your caps lock key. Passwords are case sensitive.

--

Dave Peterson

Melody

password for excel document

Thanks for answering my question. I did check the caps lock key, but still
doesn't work.

Melody wrote:

i put a password on an excel document this afternoon. but right now, i
couldn't open it again. i am pretty sure that i have benn using the same
password. Can anyone tell me what's the problem?

--

Dave Peterson

Melody

password for excel document

could you tell me why? thanks.

Melody wrote:

i put a password on an excel document this afternoon. but right now, i
couldn't open it again. i am pretty sure that i have benn using the same
password. Can anyone tell me what's the problem?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

password for excel document

So that AbC is different than ABC or abc or ABc or....

If it's not the caps lock, it's usually the memory (your's not the pc!).

Melody wrote:

could you tell me why? thanks.

Melody wrote:

i put a password on an excel document this afternoon. but right now, i
couldn't open it again. i am pretty sure that i have benn using the same
password. Can anyone tell me what's the problem?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Bill Ridgeway

password for excel document

I've only just spotted this thread so apologies if I am off tack.

If you have a problem with a password, you could get one of several
utilities which will let you know the password on a particular file. That's
why password protection of excel and Word files are just not strong enough
protection!

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Melody" wrote in message
could you tell me why? thanks.

Melody wrote:

i put a password on an excel document this afternoon. but right now, i
couldn't open it again. i am pretty sure that i have benn using the
same
password. Can anyone tell me what's the problem?

--

Dave Peterson

Melody

password for excel document

Thanks. where can I get the utlities which will let me know the password ??

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote:

I've only just spotted this thread so apologies if I am off tack.

If you have a problem with a password, you could get one of several
utilities which will let you know the password on a particular file. That's
why password protection of excel and Word files are just not strong enough
protection!

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Melody" wrote in message
could you tell me why? thanks.

Melody wrote:

i put a password on an excel document this afternoon. but right now, i
couldn't open it again. i am pretty sure that i have benn using the
same
password. Can anyone tell me what's the problem?

--

Dave Peterson

Bill Ridgeway

password for excel document

Try using Google (or similar) searching on -

password cracker excel

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Melody" wrote in message
Thanks. where can I get the utlities which will let me know the password
??

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote:

I've only just spotted this thread so apologies if I am off tack.

If you have a problem with a password, you could get one of several
utilities which will let you know the password on a particular file.
That's
why password protection of excel and Word files are just not strong
enough
protection!

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Melody" wrote in message
could you tell me why? thanks.

Melody wrote:

i put a password on an excel document this afternoon. but right now,
couldn't open it again. i am pretty sure that i have benn using the
same
password. Can anyone tell me what's the problem?

--

Dave Peterson

Tim

password for excel document