-   -   Urgent - Two Workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/65968-urgent-two-workbooks.html)

JThompson

Urgent - Two Workbooks

I have two worksbooks that I am working from. In one workbook I have numbers
lined up with prices. In the other workbook I have the some of the same
numbers but no prices. I would like to be able to look in one workbook and
find the number that matchs and have it import the price into the other
workbook.

ufo_pilot

Urgent - Two Workbooks

Try the VLOOKUP function (fx on tool bar)
What Does VLOOKUP Do ?
In the cell you ned the result, use the VLOOKUP fuction:

=VLOOKUP(ItemToFind ,RangeToLookIn( ,ColumnToPickFrom
,SortedOrUnsorted)
The LOOKUP_VALUE is the ItemTo Find in the first column of your array (
single cell, or type in the text or number which it should look up .
TABLE_ARRAY is the Ranget to look in (use all rows and columns where data
should be located from).
COL_INDEX_NUM is the column number within the array you picked where the
result should be picked from ( how far across the table the function should
look to pick from).
The Sorted/Unsorted is whether the column headings are sorted. TRUE for yes,
FALSE for no.
HTH

"JThompson" wrote:

I have two worksbooks that I am working from. In one workbook I have numbers
lined up with prices. In the other workbook I have the some of the same
numbers but no prices. I would like to be able to look in one workbook and
find the number that matchs and have it import the price into the other
workbook.

JThompson

Urgent - Two Workbooks

When I try that formula I can not figure out how to tell it to pull the price
from one workbook to another. When the code in b2 equals the code in b7 I
want the price that is c2 to be imported into c7. How would you program that?