-   -   Pick Lists Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/64964-pick-lists-problem.html)

Rick

Pick Lists Problem

In my spreadsheet I have a drop down created using the Data,Validation
commands...it works just fine...I press the little arrow and get the proper
selection...however if I select the cell and right click to get the context
menu, the "Pick from drop down list" command does not show the proper list of
values...it appears to show the 3 lines immediately below the active
cell...how can I either deactivate the "Pick from drop down list" in the
context menu or get it to show the same list of values as the little arrow
button does???

Rick

Gord Dibben

Pick Lists Problem

Rick

Data Validation drop-down lists and "Pick from list" are two seperate functions.

DV lists are user-entered either by typing them into the dialog box or using a
range of cells.

Pick from list only shows what data is already entered contiguously in that
column.

You cannot de-activate it as far as I know.

Do not use the "pick from list" function if you want to select from the DV list.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:52:02 -0800, "Rick"
wrote:

In my spreadsheet I have a drop down created using the Data,Validation
commands...it works just fine...I press the little arrow and get the proper
selection...however if I select the cell and right click to get the context
menu, the "Pick from drop down list" command does not show the proper list of
values...it appears to show the 3 lines immediately below the active
cell...how can I either deactivate the "Pick from drop down list" in the
context menu or get it to show the same list of values as the little arrow
button does???

Rick

Rick

Pick Lists Problem

Gord,

Thanks for the quick reply...at least I now know that I was not doing
something wrong...
--
Rick

wrote:

In my spreadsheet I have a drop down created using the Data,Validation
commands...it works just fine...I press the little arrow and get the proper
selection...however if I select the cell and right click to get the context
menu, the "Pick from drop down list" command does not show the proper list of
values...it appears to show the 3 lines immediately below the active
cell...how can I either deactivate the "Pick from drop down list" in the
context menu or get it to show the same list of values as the little arrow
button does???

Rick

Gord Dibben

Pick Lists Problem