-   -   How do I change the number format for decimals from , to .? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/59974-how-do-i-change-number-format-decimals.html)

Nicole

How do I change the number format for decimals from , to .?

I have data from an english version of excel, where decimals are with a
point, and am working with a dutch version of excel, where decimals are with
a comma. Is there any way to change the decimal format from a comma to a
point without having to buy a new version of excel? Help!

bpeltzer

How do I change the number format for decimals from , to .?

Check Tools Options, in the number handling section of the International
Tab; it seems to offer the option you need (at least on my English version
of '03).

"Nicole" wrote:

I have data from an english version of excel, where decimals are with a
point, and am working with a dutch version of excel, where decimals are with
a comma. Is there any way to change the decimal format from a comma to a
point without having to buy a new version of excel? Help!

Peo Sjoblom

How do I change the number format for decimals from , to .?

I suspect Nicole's data is text or else excel will do necessary conversions
from different regional settings
I have Swedish Excel on a virtual PC with Swedish Windows XP and Swedish
regional settings and we use the same number format as the Dutch and I
constantly move files between that and my English Excel without problems

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)