-   -   'problem starting the Office Assistant' (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/56661-problem-starting-office-assistant.html)

Eric

'problem starting the Office Assistant'

Hello,

I know this is slightly off-topic but...

I'm using Excel from Office 2000 and am getting an error on startup
which I'd really like to get rid of:

- There was a problem starting the Office Assistant. Would you like to
try installing it?

I did try to re-install it but it didn't help.

Any tips on how to get rid of this would be welcome!

Thanks!

Dave O

'problem starting the Office Assistant'

From Excel, along the menu at top, click Help and de-select "Show the
Office Assistant". I'm biting my tongue, trying to resist the urge to
editorialize about THAT particular piece of code.