-   -   Can I change open favorites screen to view .xls files not url/lnk (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/55826-can-i-change-open-favorites-screen-view-xls-files-not-url-lnk.html)

Daniel

Can I change open favorites screen to view .xls files not url/lnk

In Excel 2003 i use the "Open Favorite" button on my toolbar. I put a bunch
of shortcuts to folders I use often in my favorites so this is a great way to
quickly find files. The probelm is that when I click the "Open Favorites"
button the "Files of type" defaults to "Shortcuts (*.url, *.lnk)". I then
have to change this to "Workbooks (*.xls)" in order to see any of the
spreadsheets I'm looking for once I get to where i need to go. Is there a
way to change this default view when using the "Open Favorite" button so that
the default files of type would be .xls files?

Please respond to .

Thank you in advance,
Daniel

Gary''s Student

Can I change open favorites screen to view .xls files not url/lnk

Don't click the Favorites button. Instead, pull-down File Open and then
click the big Favorites button on the left-hand side. This will show both
..xls and .htm files by default.
--
Gary's Student