-   -   When i open excel on the start dialogue, it does not open. (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/55454-when-i-open-excel-start-dialogue-does-not-open.html)

lemon8

When i open excel on the start dialogue, it does not open.

When I try to open excel from the start dialogue, it says "Please wait while
Windows configures Microsoft office 2003. Then appears "Fatal error during
installation.

This happens after I have downloaded new updates.

When I click on the HELP menu "Detect and Repair" on Microsoft Word, it
appears the same error as above"

kmoyer

When i open excel on the start dialogue, it does not open.

The same thing just happened to me. I started my update and had to cancel
because it asked me for the disk which I don't have. Now when I go to go into
excel I get the same error. I will let you know if I figure this out.