-   -   How do I shut off a second version (xls:2) of a worksheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/53147-how-do-i-shut-off-second-version-xls-2-worksheet.html)

jakethedog

How do I shut off a second version (xls:2) of a worksheet?

Somehow I have a file:

filename v.1.0.XLS:1

that shows a duplicate copy:

filename v.1.1.XLS:2

every time I open it. I have searched the pull down menus and online
documentation, but can NOT find how to resolve this and return to a single
file version.

Dave Peterson

How do I shut off a second version (xls:2) of a worksheet?

You have multiple windows into that single workbook.

Select the window you don't want and hit ctrl-w.

Then save the workbook.

--

Dave Peterson

jakethedog

How do I shut off a second version (xls:2) of a worksheet?

simple, concise and most importantly, effective - thank YOU!!