-   -   Pressing Enter Key (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/52750-pressing-enter-key.html)

Yo

Pressing Enter Key

Hi,

I would like to press the Enter key and have it move Right instead of Down
on one of my excel spreadsheets. I know you can change that option under
tools, but that changes it for every workbook, and I only want that option
on a certain workbook. Is there a way I can make this happen without
changing it everytime I open Excel?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Dave Peterson

Pressing Enter Key

Record a macro when you change this setting to right.
Put that code in the workbook_activate event

Record a macro when you change this setting back to down.
Put that code in the workbook_deactivate event.

Both of these events go behind the ThisWorkbook module.

This is what my code looked like:

Option Explicit
Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
Application.MoveAfterReturn = True
Application.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlToRight
End Sub
Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate()
Application.MoveAfterReturn = True
Application.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlDown

--

Dave Peterson

Yo

Pressing Enter Key

Worked Perfectly, Thank You!!

Yo wrote:

Hi,

I would like to press the Enter key and have it move Right instead of
Down
on one of my excel spreadsheets. I know you can change that option under
tools, but that changes it for every workbook, and I only want that
option
on a certain workbook. Is there a way I can make this happen without
changing it everytime I open Excel?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

--

Dave Peterson

David McRitchie

Pressing Enter Key

In this case my event.htm page would be better than my getstarted.htm page.

Specifically for workbook macros which get installed in
ThisWorkbook the shortcut would be:
RightClick on the Excel logo to left of file menu, then use "View Code"

To get to know event macros better see
and workbook event macros material begin at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#blueboxWB
---
HTH,
David McRitchie

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Both of these events go behind the ThisWorkbook module.
[clipped...]

Dave Peterson

Pressing Enter Key

I was hoping that with the combination of ThisWorkbook module and your
getstarted page (if the OP had never seen macros) would be sufficient.

But I agree that your event page should have been included. In fact, here's my
standard cut and paste for events:

There are lots of these worksheet/workbook events that you can tie into. Here's
a couple of links that you may want to bookmark:

Chip Pearson's site:

David McRitchie's site:

======
But I got lazy....