-   -   Adding rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/52241-adding-rows.html)

cdavis82

Adding rows

I have a 800 line workbook that I want to add rows to. I only want to add a
row to every 8th row but I don't want to do it by hand. I can't find any
place to do a "conditional" add a row. Thanks

Bill Ridgeway

Adding rows

Add a helper column.

Number the rows 1 through 7, 9 though 15 etc. Number remaining rows 8, 16
etc. (Highlighting at least two cells and extending them takes the tedium
out of it).

Sort the spread sheet on the helper column.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions