-   -   How do I Set or change the default print Margins in excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/52140-how-do-i-set-change-default-print-margins-excel.html)

mpayne

How do I Set or change the default print Margins in excel?

Need to be able to change the default Margin settings so this is not someting
that
I have to do on every file I set up. thanks

Dave Peterson

How do I Set or change the default print Margins in excel?

You can set up two template workbooks that have that page layout that you like.

The first one is named book.xlt (file|saveas|Template (*.xlt)).

This is stored in your XLStart folder. When you click the New icon on the
standard toolbar, you'll get a new workbook based on this template.

The second one is named sheet.xlt and is saved in the same location (XLStart
folder).

When you add a new worksheet to an existing workbook, you'll get a worksheet
based on this template.

(When I did mine, I really created a single sheet workbook and saved it as
book.xlt, then I just copied that book.xlt to sheet.xlt--all within my XLStart
folder.)

--

Dave Peterson