-   -   limit worksheet view to specified cell range (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/5009-limit-worksheet-view-specified-cell-range.html)

Mike

limit worksheet view to specified cell range

I'm creating a form with excel and would like users to view a specified cell
range. I know how to protect cells. The form is A1-F94 and I would like users
to only see that range of cells.

George Nicholson

If using VBA you can use the ScrollArea property. As I recall, this setting
is not persistent (i.e., it doesn't save with the workbook) so it needs to
be set in the WorkbookOpen event or something similar.

--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"Mike" wrote in message
I'm creating a form with excel and would like users to view a specified
cell
range. I know how to protect cells. The form is A1-F94 and I would like
users
to only see that range of cells.

Gord Dibben

Mike

Hiding the unused rows and columns then protecting the sheet is one method.

Setting the scrollarea using VBA is another method.

Note: Setting ScrollArea is good for that session only and only the
activesheet. Has to be reset next time workbook is opened.

Best to place the code into a WorkBook_Open Sub in ThisWorkbook module and
specify which worksheet.

Private Sub WorkBook_Open()
Sheets("YourSheet").ScrollArea = "A1:F94"
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP