-   -   HELP - Have two lists and #1 needs #2's contents subtracted from it (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/4977-help-have-two-lists-1-needs-2s-contents-subtracted.html)

Barry Brown

HELP - Have two lists and #1 needs #2's contents subtracted from it

If anybody can help with this problem in Excel 2003 I will SURELY appreciate
it!

I have a list of 10,000 names in list #1. Each piece of information is
broken down into its own column (First Name, Last Name, Company Name,
Company Address, etc.) as it was exported out of Maximizer Enterprise in
Lotus Notes. I imported this information into Excel.

List #2 is a list of 5000 of the same names, but these names are those of
list 1 that do NOT have email addresses. These are the people we postal mail
information to.

What I have to have is list #2 subtracted completely from list #1, which
will leave the number of people that we email announcements to and do not
postal mail to.

How do I do that in Excel 2003? It sounds easy enough, but I'm having a heck
of a time getting it done.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Barry

Jeremiah 29:11

Marc

If I understand correctly, list #1, 10,000 names inclusive of #2 5,000
WITHOUT e-mail addresses. You want to separate those out and/or delelte them
from your list #1.

Guessing you have a column in list #1 that is for e-mail address. 5000 of
them don't have anything listed in this column. Therefore, you could sort by
"e-mail address" column. In menu go to "Data" and then "Sort." That way all
rows with e-mails would list all together and you could delete the "non
e-mail rows." Then resort your list #1 as you want...by name?

Hope it works!

Marc

Marc

Not sure if you know about sorting.....make sure that you highlight ALL of
your columns across the spreadsheet so each of the row's information doesn't
get mixed up.

marc