-   -   Reference Data in Moved Worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/4956-reference-data-moved-worksheet.html)

tommcbrny

Reference Data in Moved Worksheet

I created a workbook in Excel 2003 that contains 4 worksheets. Cells in one
of the worksheets is populated by linking to cells in the other 3 worksheets.

I want one of the linked worksheets to serve as a standalone form. I move
this worksheet from the existing workbook to a new workbook and save it as a
template. The idea is to have this worksheet completed, add it to the
original workbook, and have the cell links between this worksheet and the
other worksheet maintained.

When I move the worksheet, the links change from 'worksheet name!'$a$1 to
#ref!$a$1, which I expect. When I move the completed worksheet back in to
the workbook, however, the original cell links do not return even though the
worksheet name is the same as when I moved it from the workbook.

Is there a way to maintain these cell links when a worksheet is removed and
readded as I am attempting?

Thanks,

Tom

tommcbrny

I answered my own question on this one. I can open the workbook that the
original sheet was removed from, change the link source to the new worksheet
that has been completed, and then move this worksheet in to the workbook.
All reference links are updated to capture data from the completed worksheet.