-   -   why doesn't color show on my screen when I fill cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/4939-re-why-doesnt-color-show-my-screen-when-i-fill-cells.html)

Nick Hodge

why doesn't color show on my screen when I fill cells

Craig

Try this

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;320531

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Craig in Kelowna" <Craig in
wrote in
message ...
When I fill a cell with color it does not show on my screen. However, when
go to print preview the color shading is visible

Gord Dibben

Craig

If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS
high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the
following MSKB article:

OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;320531

Gord Dibben Excel MVP(Parksville, BC)

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:29:01 -0800, "Craig in Kelowna" <Craig in
wrote:

When I fill a cell with color it does not show on my screen. However, when I
go to print preview the color shading is visible