-   -   What does it mean when it says 'directory services unavailable' w. (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/4938-what-does-mean-when-says-directory-services-unavailable-w.html)

Thomas the Printer

What does it mean when it says 'directory services unavailable' w.

I am installing Office 2003 on a new computer. It has no printer drivers,
when I try to select a printer is says 'directory services unavailable'. I
have gone directly to the HP site and downloaded my driver for a 2000cxi
printer but my system does not seem to recognize or display it. Any
suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Tom