-   -   reassigning keyboard shortcuts (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/49327-reassigning-keyboard-shortcuts.html)

Dracorat

reassigning keyboard shortcuts

Is it possible to reassign the default keybaord setup in Excel?

I want to be able to change how certain key combinations work, such as
having CTRL C be Center as I never COPY I only CUT (and if I wanted to leave
the original data in place, I just immediately PASTE right after)

David McRitchie

You would need to use a macro, and if you are in the habit of always
using CUT and never COPY then you will have a very difficult time
with macros or any thing else on a PC as COPY (Ctrl+C), CUT(Ctrl+X),
PASTE (Ctrl+V), UNDO (Ctrl+Z), FIND(Ctrl+F), REPLACE (Ctrl+H) are
very basic and critical to many PC applications to behave as one expects
across applications.

You should normally be formatting entire columns rather than individual cells.
---
HTH,