Belinda

Default How do I set up Excel to ALWAYS on put a footer?

I am always using excel for different things during the day, and would like
excel to 'always' put the file name as the Footer? That way - I can always
Dave Peterson

What version of excel are you using?

If you're using xl2002+, you can create a template workbook (save it as book.xlt
in your XLStart folder). Include the path in the footer for each worksheet in
that template workbook.

When you click on the new icon on the standard toolbar, excel will use that
book.xlt as the template for the new workbook.

You can also create a new template named Sheet.xlt (also in XLStart) that will
be used as the template when adding new sheets to existing workbooks.

===
If you're using xl2k or earlier, you could use an John Walkenbach's addin that
does the work for you.
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/addpath.htm