ArtieF

Default Change default font and size in Comments box in Excel.

How do I change the default font and font size in the Comments box in Excel?
It's bothersome to change the default font everytime I use a new Comments
box. Thanks for your assistance.
Gary''s Student

As a start, look at:

http://www.exceltip.com/st/Changing_...ormat/187.html
--
Gary''s Student

"ArtieF" wrote:

How do I change the default font and font size in the Comments box in Excel?
It's bothersome to change the default font everytime I use a new Comments
box. Thanks for your assistance.

Loris

I've tried changing the Comment format in Excel and find that I can change
the font size abd attributes such as bold but not the font itself. My system
defaults to Tahoma and doesn't change regardless of what I specify in the
Appearance Tab of the Display Properties dialog box. The tooltips change
font but not the comments. That may be hard coded in Excel. Anyone else
find this to be true or am I missing something?

"ArtieF" wrote:

How do I change the default font and font size in the Comments box in Excel?
It's bothersome to change the default font everytime I use a new Comments
box. Thanks for your assistance.

David McRitchie

That is correct, you can change the font after creation but you cannot
change the default fault from Tahoma.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm#font
---
HTH,