-   -   Not all Functions Available in Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/45305-not-all-functions-available-excel-2003-a.html)

Brent - Tokyo

Not all Functions Available in Excel 2003

I am running Excel 2003 on a Windows XP machine with all the lastest service
packs and updates for both Office and Windows.

Some Excel functions like ASC are not available or listed under the
functions dialog box (Insert/Function). Is there a way to force an
installation of all functions or enable them somehow? I have even tried
lowering the Macro security setting to "Low" but that did not help.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Dave Peterson

Although =ASC() doesn't appear in the insert|Function dialog, it's available on
my pc.

I can type in: =asc(
and hit ctrl-a to see the function wizard
or hit ctrl-shift-a to the list of arguments for =ASC().

I can even search for ASC in excel's help.

I'm running xl2003 (USA version) on winXP home.

--

Dave Peterson