-   -   Disable auto-input of cell when typing a minus (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/449694-disable-auto-input-cell-when-typing-minus.html)

bunalz

Disable auto-input of cell when typing a minus

I'm using Excel2007. For this case, I'm not using it to do any calculations; rather just a data listing (with repeated cell values: Thus, MsAccess is out of option).

To explain properly, whenever one types in a minus/dash sign (-), Excel will automatically insert the "name" of the highlighted cell (e.g. A1, B2, etc).

Setting the data as 'Text', I could have just press 'Enter' to input the sign. However, as it is possible to input data directly into a cell, it would be unnecessary for me to press 'Enter' and just navigate to other cells with the arrow keys easily.

I'm wondering if it is possible to do that?

killme2008

You need VBA .