-   -   Spreadsheet Highlighted (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/42975-spreadsheet-highlighted.html)

JustAsking

Spreadsheet Highlighted

Hi all,

Have a problem with Excel when i move my mouse pointer, the cells are
highlighted. I've checked my mouse and keyboard for any stuckup but they are
ok. It seems there's some settings on the Excel program i need to alter.

Paul B

Just, sounds like your in ext mode, try pressing F8 and see if that helps

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"JustAsking" wrote in message
Hi all,

Have a problem with Excel when i move my mouse pointer, the cells are
highlighted. I've checked my mouse and keyboard for any stuckup but they

are
ok. It seems there's some settings on the Excel program i need to alter.

David McRitchie

Extended Mode
F8, shows EXT on status bar, allows you to 'click' another
cell to Extend the selection from the original cell selected.
SHIFT+F8, shows ADD on status bar, same as EXT but
allows additional selections with 'clicking' on a cell.
You can turn off by pressing F8 once to remove EXT, or
twice to remove ADD
But that is not your problem because you are not clicking.

See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt
There is no absolute permanent guaranteed solution, but you
should install the latest mouse drivers and I would suggest
changing the wheel button to "Enter" as a much better option
the that absurd default.
---
HTH,