-   -   the date will not appear in the cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/41966-date-will-not-appear-cell.html)

keith r. bunn sr.

the date will not appear in the cell

In Excel template that I am customizing the date will not appear after
inserting it. It's there but will not appear. I have tried formating but that
don't work. HELP
--
krb sr

Gary's Student

It is possible for data to appear in the formula bar, yet not appear in the
cell.

The first reason is the data may be interpreted as text and have many
leading blanks.

The second reason is that the font may have the same color as the background.
--
Gary's Student

"keith r. bunn sr." wrote:

In Excel template that I am customizing the date will not appear after
inserting it. It's there but will not appear. I have tried formating but that
don't work. HELP
--
krb sr

Dave Peterson

A couple more reasons...

The cell has format|conditional formatting applied and the fill and font color
are the same.

The cell has a format of ";;;" without the quotes.