-   -   External References in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/39719-external-references-excel.html)

Francist

External References in Excel

Hi,

I have been sent an excel sheet with a lot of data. When opening, the
program request whether I wish to update values, which I don't (also I have
set to manual Calculation in options) as I do not have the source data.
However, after clicking the "Don't update" button, it will still start to
calculate causing all cells with to have value "#Ref".

Hopefully you can help me in this matter.

regards,

Francis

Dave Peterson

Jim Rech posted a registry tweak: