-   -   Excel will not load personal.xls (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/39121-excel-will-not-load-personal-xls.html)

Ken S

Excel will not load personal.xls

I have written macros for years, storing them in personal.xls.

Suddenly, after a powerglitch yesterday just as Excel (2002 SP3) was

Other files in the XLStart directory load as expected.
If I rename the personal.xls to a different filename, then it will load
fine, and the macros inside also behave just fine.
If I create a new macro to be saved in personal.xls, save it, and close
Excel, the new personal.xls will not load when Excel restarts.

What happened?

TIA,

Ken

Dave Peterson

You have one guess at your post in .excel.

--

Dave Peterson