-   -   Turn off default filename "Copy Of" when resaving a file (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/37825-turn-off-default-filename-%22copy-%22-when-resaving-file.html)

Office2003

Turn off default filename "Copy Of" when resaving a file

When I want to save a file in a different location than originally located,
the "Copy of" is always part of the new filename. This also happens when I
want to save a read-only file in a different location. How do I turn off the
"Copy of" ?

Dave Peterson

I don't think you can.

--