-   -   How can I get to data in drop down lists in Excel by pressing lett (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/36180-how-can-i-get-data-drop-down-lists-excel-pressing-lett.html)

Dmafk

How can I get to data in drop down lists in Excel by pressing lett

I want to know how to automate drop down lists in excel, so that data entry
staff can type in the letter and the option appears, without necessarily
opening the drop down list.

I have seen spreadsheets designed in such a way that when staff place their
cursor over the cell a little hand appears similar to either html or access.

All help gratefully received.

Nick Hodge

You could check out DataValidation...List or check that
Toolsoptions...EditEnable autocomplete for cell values is checked

--
HTH
Nick Hodge