-   -   Excel 2K3: Opening spreadsheet, also opens book1.xls? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/34054-excel-2k3-opening-spreadsheet-also-opens-book1-xls.html)

Newtek

Excel 2K3: Opening spreadsheet, also opens book1.xls?

I double click on a spreadsheet and it opens, but it also opens the default
book1.
If I only open excel and close book1 and then open a spreadsheet there is no
issue.

So why is excel wanting to open the default book when opening an already
created excel doc and second, how can I disable or resolve this issue to not
open the book1 when opening a spreadsheet but still have it open book1 when I
simply open excel only?

Thanks in advance,

Newtek

Newtek

Please post any Reply's in this same subject on the Excel programming forum.

thanks,

Newtek