-   -   Excel should allow me to customize the formula bar (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/30951-excel-should-allow-me-customize-formula-bar.html)

Transfig460

Excel should allow me to customize the formula bar

sometimes I enter a large amount of text in a single cell. if I were able to
place the formula bar to the right of the screen - like the "styles"
dashboard in Word, it would greatly inhance my ability to either enter
directly into the cell or enter from the formula bar. Currently the formula
bar is alway at the top of the screen and expands down as multiple returns
(Alt+ENTER) are made in a single cell. Eventually the formula bar expands so
far that it covers up much of the spreadsheet, making the spreadsheet
cumbersom to navigate and work in.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ic.excel.setup