-   -   VBA macro runs fine, but freezes if I try to do ANYTHING else whileit runs (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/270660-vba-macro-runs-fine-but-freezes-if-i-try-do-anything-else-whileit-runs.html)

Rruffpaw

VBA macro runs fine, but freezes if I try to do ANYTHING else whileit runs

Topic: VBA macro runs fine, but freezes if I try to do ANYTHING else
while it runs

I have a very large Excel spreadsheet (13 MB) with several macros. One
of them runs a loop with multiple commands.

The macro runs fine, as long as I sit back and just watch it run. If I
click on another window however, it invariably freezes and I have to
terminate Excel.

Any ideas on how I can remedy this?

I'm running Excel 2003 on Windows XP, but have noticed the same
problem with the same spreadsheet on a machine running Excel 2007,
also on Windows XP.

Thanks,

-Sharat

James Ravenswood

On Aug 3, 3:50*pm, Rruffpaw wrote:
Topic: VBA macro runs fine, but freezes if I try to do ANYTHING else
while it runs

I have a very large Excel spreadsheet (13 MB) with several macros. One
of them runs a loop with multiple commands.

The macro runs fine, as long as I sit back and just watch it run. If I
click on another window however, it invariably freezes and I have to
terminate Excel.

Any ideas on how I can remedy this?

I'm running Excel 2003 on Windows XP, but have noticed the same
problem with the same spreadsheet on a machine running Excel 2007,
also on Windows XP.

Thanks,

-Sharat

Re-code the macro with periodic DoEvents. This will allow you to
program in pauses to allow user actions