-   -   Modifying Default Colors in Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/27049-modifying-default-colors-excel-2003-a.html)

Reader

Modifying Default Colors in Excel 2003

Hi!

In Excel2003 if I click on Tools, Option, Color tab, I have the option
to modify the colors in the palette. I was under the impression that
this user customization is stored at C:\Documents and
Settings\username\Application Data\microsoft\excel, however it looks
like it isn't (not sure).

Does anyone know of a way to set this option programatically for
enterprise deployment? I.E. being able to modify the default color
options so that anyone using Excel will have this set.

THanks for the help.

Bob Phillips

It seems to me that you should create a new workbook with this colour
palette, name it Book.xlt, and save it in the XLStart directory for each of
your users.

All new workbooks will then assume this palette, but not existing ones, as
it is stored with the workbook.

--

HTH

RP