-   -   Excel start-up: no blank work-book (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/27048-excel-start-up-no-blank-work-book.html)

Paul S

Excel start-up: no blank work-book

How do I set Excel so that when I start it, it does not create a new/blank
work-book? (I want to just use the 'recent files' menu to pick something
most of the time.)

Dave Peterson

Modify the shortcut (or create an new shortcut) that points at excel.exe, but
add " /e" (w/o the quotes) to the end of the target.

For me (xl2003), my target would look like:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" /e

--

Dave Peterson