-   -   Disable the "Disabled Items" feature (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/262723-disable-disabled-items-feature.html)

Luca Brasi

Disable the "Disabled Items" feature

Quite often we experience crashes when starting up Excel 2007. The next time
Excel is started the user is prompted that there was a problem with an add-in
and is asked if he wants to disable it. Now I'm very sure the mentioned
add-in (seems more or less a random choice) is not the real cause for the
crash. However, some people might answer to that question with yes and
therefore will be missing an add-in they require for their daily work.

Therefore I'd like to disable the "Disabled Items" feature completely. The
users should not be prompted anymore at the next application start and all
add-ins should stay enabled always. Is there such a (registry) setting
available?

Alternatively I was thinking about a Windows login script that removes all
registry values that belong to disabled items. That would at least make the
add-ins available again after the next reboot. However, I'd prefer to disable
this feature completely.

Thanks for any hints!
Luca