-   -   Excel 2007 has startup error (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/257999-excel-2007-has-startup-error.html)

singerjat

Excel 2007 has startup error

One of the employees went in to the Excel Options - Advanced and added a
shared drive to the General - At Startup open all files in.
Unfortunately, there are many files in the drive that are not excel files so
the program will not open. I have tried various suggestions from other posts
but no success.
Even excel.exe /safe did not bypass that command.
I placed an excel file in the xlstart folder and it briefly opened that file
then went to the shared drive again.
How can I get to the options again if the program won't open?
Thank You
--
Jody

Gord Dibben

Excel 2007 has startup error

You can find this in the Registy and delete the path.

With Excel closed go to StartRun regedit.exe

Drill down to...............

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\E xcel\Options

In right-side panel look for AltStartup.

Right-clickModify...........delete the path.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP