-   -   Merging info from Wkbk 1 to Wkbk2 automatically (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/253259-merging-info-wkbk-1-wkbk2-automatically.html)

avinity

Merging info from Wkbk 1 to Wkbk2 automatically

Hello,

Before I set up a new system, here's my dilemma. I have 7 separate workbooks
with program-specific information in them. What I want is, when I enter
information into any one of these workbooks, and enter the program code, I
want all of the info in that row to automatically copy to the separate
program-specific workbook, limiting the human-error factor as much as
possible. Is this even possible? (Or way more programming than I'm capable
of?)

Thanks in advance!

Len Shapiro

Merging info from Wkbk 1 to Wkbk2 automatically

The easiest way to transfer data from one place to another is simply to
highlight the cell which is to receive the data. Then hit "=" and with the
mouse go to the cell where the data is to transfer from. Click on "enter".
The cell with the = sign now reads the data from another cell.
This works even if the data is in another workbook. But both spreadsheets
must be open at the same time for the data to transfer.
Len

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10402624.aspx