-   -   How can I change worksheet background colour (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/251434-how-can-i-change-worksheet-background-colour.html)

Mark

How can I change worksheet background colour

I would like to reduce the glare for my eyes by changing the default
worksheet background colour .. is this possible .. I cannot se anything in
tools/options or format.

Gord Dibben

How can I change worksheet background colour

Not without creating a Template for new workbooks.

Before you do that, have you thought of simply using CRTL + a to select all
cells and change the background?

But, here's how to create a Template for all new workbooks and sheets.

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish.........group the sheets before
setup so's all sheets get same settings.

FileSave As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name
your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as
BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button
FileNew or CTRL + n

WARNING................Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get
the Excel default workbook.

NOTE: Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Instructions are for Excel 2003 and earlier.

2007 is similar except you would save as BOOK.xltx and SHEET.xltx

New File Icon or CTRL + n in 2007.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:14:01 -0800, Mark
wrote:

I would like to reduce the glare for my eyes by changing the default
worksheet background colour .. is this possible .. I cannot se anything in
tools/options or format.

Tim Paine

How can I change worksheet background color

Follow these steps to change background worksheet color in Excel

Select the cells you want to highlight.
Click Home the arrow next to Fill Color Button image , or press Alt+H, H.
Under Theme Colors or Standard Colors, pick the color you want.
To use a custom color, click More Colors, and then in the Colors dialog box select the color you want.

I hope this is helpful!
Admin
Apps4Rent