-   -   Missing macros (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/251139-missing-macros.html)

Oldjay

Missing macros

I have a workbook created in Excel 97. All of the Menu Bar Macros run fine in
2003 but do not seem to be available in 2007.
Is there a way to convert them to work in 2007?

oldjay

Gord Dibben

Missing macros

OJ

Check out Ron de Bruin's site for info on the Ribbon and QAT

http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:01:02 -0800, oldjay
wrote:

I have a workbook created in Excel 97. All of the Menu Bar Macros run fine in
2003 but do not seem to be available in 2007.
Is there a way to convert them to work in 2007?

oldjay

Oldjay

Missing macros

I am not talking about the standard button but ones I created in Excel 97i.e.
"Save Estimate" and "Start New Estimate".They had my macros attached

wrote:

I have a workbook created in Excel 97. All of the Menu Bar Macros run fine in
2003 but do not seem to be available in 2007.
Is there a way to convert them to work in 2007?

oldjay

.

Gord Dibben

Missing macros

Where were the buttons located in Excel 97?

What type of buttons?

Toolbar and menu customizations made in Excel 2003 and earlier will not be
seen in 2007

That's why I posted Ron's site.

Shows you how to deal with menus and macros.

Specifically this page........

http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm

Gord

wrote:

I have a workbook created in Excel 97. All of the Menu Bar Macros run fine in
2003 but do not seem to be available in 2007.
Is there a way to convert them to work in 2007?

oldjay

.

Oldjay

Missing macros

These items on my workbook appear in the normal menu bar that shows File -
Edit - View - Format - Tools - Data - Windows - Help. The problem is that
the macros associated with these special items are not visible in 2003. I
believe that there was a "how to" article on how to modify these macros but I
can't find it. I was hoping some one would remember it

wrote:

I have a workbook created in Excel 97. All of the Menu Bar Macros run fine in
2003 but do not seem to be available in 2007.
Is there a way to convert them to work in 2007?

oldjay

.

.

Oldjay

Missing macros

Thanks for the help. I found a way to solve my problem.

wrote:

I have a workbook created in Excel 97. All of the Menu Bar Macros run fine in
2003 but do not seem to be available in 2007.
Is there a way to convert them to work in 2007?

oldjay

.

.

Gord Dibben

Missing macros

Could you share that solution?

Gord

wrote:

I have a workbook created in Excel 97. All of the Menu Bar Macros run fine in
2003 but do not seem to be available in 2007.
Is there a way to convert them to work in 2007?

oldjay

.

.

Gord Dibben

Missing macros

Excel 2007 does not have the same Menu Bar as earlier versions.

That's why I keep pushing you towards Ron's site.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP