-   -   Excel 2002 to 2007 Macro containing "Filesearch" (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/250081-excel-2002-2007-macro-containing-filesearch.html)

DeDe

Excel 2002 to 2007 Macro containing "Filesearch"

I have a macro running on a PC with the Excel version 2002.
This macro use the Filesearch and it's not recognize in a other PC running
with Excel 2007

By open the Object Browser under Classes, I can see this "Filesearch", but
in light !

How could I have it in bold (mean recognize ??)

Thank's for your help

Dave Peterson

Excel 2002 to 2007 Macro containing "Filesearch"

Filesearch was removed in xl2007.

You'll have to find another way--maybe using Dir or FileSystemObject?

--

Dave Peterson

DeDe

Excel 2002 to 2007 Macro containing "Filesearch"

So why could you still see it in the Object Browser & as well in the help
with the example how to use it ??

With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = "C:\My Documents"
.SearchSubFolders = True
.FileName = "Run"
.MatchTextExactly = True
.FileType = msoFileTypeAllFiles
End With

dede wrote:

I have a macro running on a PC with the Excel version 2002.
This macro use the Filesearch and it's not recognize in a other PC running
with Excel 2007

By open the Object Browser under Classes, I can see this "Filesearch", but
in light !

How could I have it in bold (mean recognize ??)

Thank's for your help

--

Dave Peterson
.

Dave Peterson

Excel 2002 to 2007 Macro containing "Filesearch"

If that's true (I didn't check), then I'd say Microsoft made a mistake.