-   -   To many files open at one time!! Helllllp!!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/244763-many-files-open-one-time-helllllp.html)

A. J. Castelli[_2_]

To many files open at one time!! Helllllp!!!

How do I get Excel (Office2000 Professional) to open just the workbook I
double-click on? When I click on a book's file, several things open, one
after the other, until the file I clicked opens (11 files in all). They only
have numbers as filenames. I wrote about a week ago, but my post seems to
have disappeared. Please help me cet this problem solved.

Gord Dibben

To many files open at one time!! Helllllp!!!

Excel will open all files in your XLSTART folder and from your Alternate
Startup files folder.

Move all files except Personal.xls, BOOK.XLT and SHEET.XLT out of your
XLSTART folder.............if indeed thare are any files in that folder.

In Tools<OptionsGeneral remove any path you have in "Alternate startup
files location" or "At Startup open all files in"

I suspect the latter is the source of your problem.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP