-   -   Default date format (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/244710-default-date-format.html)

Kevin

Default date format

Our company uses Office 2007 Professional Plus

How do you change the default date format?

I recently replaced a user's PC, and now the dates in his existing Word and
Excel documents are formatted with a four-digit year instead of two. This
has caused many problems with many of his documents, which need to be
reformatted to display correctly.

I have tried changing the short date configuration under Regional and
Language Options in Control Panel to M/d/yy. The dates on Excel sheets are
still displaying 4-digit years.

JP[_4_]

The workaround would be to format the worksheet with the date format
you want, save the workbook as a template (Filename: book.xltx) in
your XLSTART folder.

Here's a tutorial: http://www.brighthub.com/computing/w...les/27366.aspx

--JP