-   -   Personal.xls and Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/244522-personal-xls-excel-2007-a.html)

Mike H

Personal.xls and Excel 2007

Hi,

I have a large; and to me, very valuable personal.xls created with Excel 2003.
Since installing E2007 whenever I open Excel 2007 I get the message

"The file you are trying to open, PERSONAL.XLS, is in a different format
than specified by the file extension. verify that the file is not corrupted
and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the
file now?"

Click OK and my personal.xls opens and works fine

This is only an irritation but is there something I should do to make P.XLS
compatible with E2007 and at the same time enable me to keep on using it with
E2003 which i still have installed?

Mike