-   -   paste to the right (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/233618-paste-right.html)

John Smith

paste to the right

I have Excel 2003. When pasting multiple cells, Excel pastes the
cells vertically (down) instead of horizontally (to the right).

How do I configure Excel so it'll paste to the right? Thanks.

FSt1

paste to the right

hi
confused. are the multiple cells you are coping in a column?
if you are wanting to transpose the paste then on the menu bar....
editpaste specialtranspose.

regards
FSt1

"John Smith" wrote:

I have Excel 2003. When pasting multiple cells, Excel pastes the
cells vertically (down) instead of horizontally (to the right).

How do I configure Excel so it'll paste to the right? Thanks.

John Smith

paste to the right

They are in rows but Excel pastes them in one single column.

"John Smith" wrote:

I have Excel 2003. When pasting multiple cells, Excel pastes the
cells vertically (down) instead of horizontally (to the right).

How do I configure Excel so it'll paste to the right? Thanks.

Gord Dibben

paste to the right

If the cells you are pasting were vertical to start with that's the way they
will paste.

Maybe you want paste specialtranspose to copy A1:A5 into B1:F1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP