-   -   setting up random number generator for lotto numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/232889-setting-up-random-number-generator-lotto-numbers.html)

Random Number Generator in Excel 2007

setting up random number generator for lotto numbers

How do I set up a random number generator to pick lotto and power ball numbers?

Gary''s Student

setting up random number generator for lotto numbers

All "draw-style" games can be simulated in the same way. They rely on
drawing without replacement. Say the rules for a lottery are there are 50
balls numbered 1 thru 50. Five balls are drawn at random.

In A1 thru A50, enter 1 thru 50.
In B1 thru B50, enter =RAND()

Sort cols A & B by column B. This will "shuffle" the values in column A.
Use the first 5 (A1 thru A5)

For another draw, just repeat the sort.

Change the ball numbers and number of balls drawn to match your particular
lottery.

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200856