-   -   Excel Cut and paste (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/219466-excel-cut-paste.html)

RD[_2_]

Excel Cut and paste

I have a excel file that I need to block the user from using the cut option
while in adding data to this file....Any ideas on how to do this?

curlydave

Excel Cut and paste

On Feb 6, 11:40*am, RD wrote:
I have a excel file that I need to block the user from using the cut option
while in adding data to this file....Any ideas on how to do this?

Tell the user not to use the cut function, why would the user need to
use it?

muddan madhu

Excel Cut and paste

Assumed data in range A1:A10 ( extend according to your need )

Ctrl + A | Ctrl + 1 | protection tab | uncheck locked & hidden option
| Ok

select the range A1:A10 | Ctrl + 1 | protection tab | check locked
option | Ok

Now go to tools | protection | protect sheet | password (optional) |
ok

Now only copy function will be available.