-   -   Shared Workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/211250-shared-workbook.html)

Gila

Shared Workbook

I went into a workbook that I had (Protect and share workbook) protected to
do some modifications, when I selected unprotect workbook it didnt ask for
my password and seemed to unlock the book for editing. But this was not the
case; it stayed as a shared protected document. Why does this happen and how
do I fix it?
I also had each sheet protected and the whole workbook protected before
sharing the file, I have no access to undo this either.

Gila

Shared Workbook

Found that someone still had the file opened by selecting (Share Workbook)
under the Tools dropdown.

"Gila" wrote:

I went into a workbook that I had (Protect and share workbook) protected to
do some modifications, when I selected unprotect workbook it didnt ask for
my password and seemed to unlock the book for editing. But this was not the
case; it stayed as a shared protected document. Why does this happen and how
do I fix it?
I also had each sheet protected and the whole workbook protected before
sharing the file, I have no access to undo this either.

Gila

Shared Workbook

Apparently i spoke to soon... this is driving me crazy...
i had a working copy that had no protection, so i selected the (Protect and
Share) option under toolsprotection. Then selected unshare and its still
showing shared. Know i have no access to the copy either : (